A good snapshot stops a moment from running away. ~Eudora Welty












Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 182 ~ Market Day ~

















On the weekends I went into Ngong Hill town, Saturdays were the busiest with everyone going to the market. In the village I could not buy anything so this was the time to get the essentials like water, food and snacks, batteries, charge my cell phone, and use the internet. To get into Ngong I had to take a matatu which is like a taxi truck where everyone piles into the back of the pickup truck. Just when you think that no other person could possibly fit into the truck they stop and pick up more. By the time I got to Ngong I was covered in dirt and would literally have to wipe the dirt off my face once I got there. I don't know how the locals did it but they always managed to stay so clean?

No comments:

Post a Comment