A good snapshot stops a moment from running away. ~Eudora Welty












Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 190 ~ Masai Mara ~



















We woke up before the sun this day to do a full day game drive in the park. We saw "The Big 5" (lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo). I have so many pics but I can't post them all. It was a struggle to find the leopard because they hide up in trees but we were lucky and found one.
In the top image this is a group of masai women welcoming us to their homes with a song. There were optional activities and this one was to meet the masai people and see their way of life. Since I lived and worked with the masai it wasn't new to me but I decided to go with the others.
In the last image we came across cheetahs eating their kill. They look the same ones from the previous night because its a mother and her 2 babies but I don't know for sure. I love the blood all over their mouths its so raw and real!

No comments:

Post a Comment